Saturday, October 14, 2006

 
It's Sunday afternoon and yesterday was a long long day. We signed the contract for an apartment yesterday in Shekou and it took a long time. Finally, we end up moving at 11 P.M. Once again, I really appreciate my friend Maggie for being there the whole time to make sure everything was okay. She truly is a jewel of a friend. I've never met someone so dedicated and kind. Her and her husband refused to go home early until we settled in.

Anyhow, the apartment is awesome and we are enjoying the view and fresh air. Today, Lukas is resting because tomorrow is the second stem cell treatment. I don't want him to be sick so we are laying low today. I will do a couple errands today and will buy some McDonald's for Lukas's dinner. I think he miss American food. I've been making too much stew.

Once again, I almost got ran over by a large truck. They really want to run you over. It's your job to avoid them, not the other way around. I need to be more careful. The roads are not like in the U.S., so people drive illegally and sometimes you just don't know where the cars come from.

I've been eating alot of mangosteen lately. I don't know why I like it so much. I love to eat rambutan but they don't have it here. So I have to settle for mangosteen, guava, and durian. Yes, durian (a very very stinky fruit). I like it but have not bought any yet. It'll smell like someone farted in the entire floor. :)

Well, see you all later. I will write more later regarding the spinal injection. (Last time was through IV.) Lukas will get the injection on Monday, at 3 P.M. So I will report to you on Monday or Tuesday how things went. They will sedate him and do the injection in the operating room. So, we'll see how much or if he will cry or not.

We love and miss everyone so much! We can't wait to be home soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?