Thursday, October 19, 2006

 
Hi y'all. We miss you all very much; especially my other boys. Anyhoo, Lukas got the spinal injection on Monday. Then on Tuesday he had another bag of NGF (nerve growth factor). Then the nurse didn't know that Lukas will be getting the NGF for 3 days straight so she went ahead and removed it. What a mistake!!! Apparently the docs and nurses don't communicate with each other. So, for Wednesday, Lukas got poked again. This time he got an IV in the foot and we have to keep it until Friday. Thursday will be another bag of NGF. Then we might as well keep the IV line since Friday is another IV of stem cell. So Friday evening Lukas will finally be free of IVs and discomfort. We will take him out this weekend because he loves to go sightseeing and window shopping. We will probably go to the border of Hong Kong to Lo Hou Commercial Building. It's got so many things that are cheap and good.

Anyhow, we see Lukas's awareness level is definitely improving. He can understand and follow some simple commands. This is definitely new. We are very very happy in our apartment as it's private and we don't have to share anything with anyone. Thus, it makes life more comfortable. Especially when we don't have to see all the smokers who stare at us all the time since we complained about them. I think the air quality if better but not completely resolved. On Tuesday, I came to the hospital at 10pm to talk to a friend and saw a guy smoking outside the balcony where my room used to be. They like smoking right next to there. Anyhow, I'm glad we moved out. And, logistically it's not that bad. We get up early typically anyways. So, it doesn't matter that we have to take the taxi to the hospital. We got plenty of time.

There's so much to do and see here. It's pretty exciting. But we are here to take care of Lukas, not have that much fun. So, most things I do are run errands, go grocery shopping for Lukas's stews, and buy necessary items. And of course, shop for my friends and family members. I see time flying so fast and many more things need to be taken cared of. Sine the Internet here is so slow, it takes me 1 hour just to read emails and respond - something I could do in about 15 minutes back in the States.

We are doing really great and I have so much hope for Lukas's recovery. Beike has raised the prices again starting 12/15/06, so I'm thinking whether or not I should stay longer and do 8 injections for Lukas!!! That way, he's got the best chance possible. Thanks and take care everyone. I hope you'll all pray for us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?