Monday, October 16, 2006

 
Hi Everyone!

Lukas did really realy well yesterday. He had the spinal injection at around 4:30 P.M. Got out 30 minutes later and was groggy. They didn't let him eat until 9 P.M. He was really hungry. I fed him slowly and gave him some porridge. We had to stay at the hospital overnight. Now, they are telling me Lukas's IV stays in for the next three days. The reason is that they have to give him the Nerve Growth Factor each afternoon for the next three day. So to prevent from poking him each time, they say it's better to leave the IV in and use it when needed. I've never liked leaving IVs in Lukas. He doesn't like it and it increases the risk of infections. So, now I have the option of keeping the IV line, or having them poke Lukas each time for the Nerve Growth Factor. Or, opt out of getting the NGF at all. They recommend it, but you don't have to have the NGF. I'll think about these and get back to the docs later. For today, I definitely want him to get more NGF. For tomorrow, that's something to think about.

Anyhoo, everything worked out okay. I really like the apartment we got. It has a gym so I don't have to join the gym. I think I've lost some weight being here, but I still like to exercise. I think I'm only about 103 lbs. I was about 106 when we got here. There's so much food here so you can really get fat. In my case, I've been so busy to eat that's all. :)

I've eaten at a number of great places and will write more about them at a later time. Right now, I gotta go babysit Lukas so Grandpa can get some breakfast.

Miss you all so much. Thanks Stacey, Yonnus, Chi Yen, Cindy, and everyone for your emails and kinds words of encouragement.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?