Friday, October 06, 2006

 
Hello Everyone.

Today started out with alittle drama. The nurse came to take Lukas's blood for the test. His blood has to be checked and double checked. This is a process to see if he's compatible for the stem cell treatment. Their IV for getting blod is not as advanced as ours here. They had to pump Lukas's arm to get blood to squirt into the vials; and yes, there were about 7 vials. Each filled about 1/4 of the way. Still, it was alot for a little baby. Lukas screamed his heart out as usual. But, we quickly calmed him down. He relaxed and later fell asleep again.

I went to Walmart Supercenter today to buy a plastic organizer for all the little items. The store is so huge... Everything looks pretty cool, except for the clothing materials. They're very hard fabric. Walmart in the states have some nice clothes at least. Here, the fashion is so... I don't know how to put it.... very plain... no beyond plain. :) I finished up the rest of my list of things to buy because Rainbow Super Market didn't have some items. So, without my wonderful friend Maggie, it took me about 3 hours to roam around and find everything. :) When I got into some problems, I would call poor Maggie up. I feel bad for bother her so much but you gotta do what you gotta do. :) I wish I could get one of those electronic English/Chinese dictionary devices. Some people doing treatment here in China was smart enough to bring one. And I didn't of course. The device allows you to type anything in English and it will translate it into Chinese words, and PRONOUNCE it too!!! And, you can have people write in Chinese and it will transcribe it into English words and PRONOUNCE it too. I wish I had one of those things. It would come in handy. So, take note my friends who are going to China for stem cell treatment. Please bring one of those!!!

Today was another hot and humid day. Why did I pack my autumn clothes for? We had some nice lunch and went back to rest. It's so hot. Then the doctor interviewed me for 1 hour about Lukas. They reassured me everything will be great. I told them I will pay for Lukas's treatment after everything goes well with the first injection. Depending on how things go after that first injection, we will decide to do 4 or 6 or maybe even 8 injections for Lukas over 1-2 months timeframe. We'll see I guess how things go. Treatment begins Monday, so I'll keep you all posted.

Take care all my wonderful family members and friends. Please pray for Lukas. And thanks for all your kind words Chi Tylie, Mark, Khanh, Bob, Rita, Cindy, and Nathan. We really appreciate it!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?